If anyone likes to read or watch old sci-fi movies, I'm most stories capitals and supers where huge immense ships with nigh impregnable shields and armor, and more times than not it would take another group of super capitals in the enemy fleet to take them down, But in almost every series the smaller ships where able to harass Super capitals, swarm over them and overwhelm their defences to weaken them, or in rare occasions take them down. This is the amazing stories those crazy fighter/cruiser pilots that survived would tell their grand kids about. Yet in eve, Supers are separated completely from the other groupings of eve fleets. You don't have them in your sub cap formations, they are their own entity, like prepy kids in high school, saying their better and more important, and using you, the sub capital as cannon fodder. Which leads me to some of my idea for super capital changes that I like.
- Make Super Capitals modular, engines, drone bay, bridge, reactor, and maybe more. Give each one a hit point value and make it so when its out its incapacitated, each one would disable a portion of the Supers ability's. Incap the engines, and the super can't warp out or move. Incap the reactor, it cant jump out or regen cap. Incap the Flight deck and it cant deploy any more drones or use its ship maitnace array. and if all other sections are incaped make it so you can kill the bridge and destroy the super. Now if you make the flight deck and the engines have relatively light HP compared to the other two, because they would be less armored and shielded, sup cap fleets could primary them and if not help take the beast down, maybe cripple it.
- Make a T2 cruiser that can fit a capital destructive bomb or missile, much like the stealth bombers bomb launcher, make it so you have to actually shoot it in the general direction of the super like the bomb launcher and it do a massive amount of alpha damage. But also make it so its like a shaped charge and low explosive velocity its ineffective at damaging sub capitals.
- increase aggression timers, so that if a super agresses it takes 30min to disappear after logging vs 15.
- Make Cynos have a warm up timer of 2-5 min before any ship can jump trough, to give defending fleets time to destroy the cyno or get their defences ready.
Once again low sec in classic science fiction is usually know as the fringe worlds, systems that are begin colonized and getting ready of Begin brought into the fold of the inner worlds. The inner worlds don't have theresources to patrol the fringe worlds resulting in pirates being found all over in the shipping lanes where no one can hear you scream, or take weeks to get there to save you just to find your floating hulk. this doesn't mean the inner world didn't care, and they will usually deputize some police forces and distribute them around some of the main fringe world hubs for better response time.
- As a friend of mine suggested, make it so normal none FW systems also have a faction beacon of sorts, and people can join one of two factions, concord deputes, or what ever faction is of the local pirate faction. And they have to fight over the systems, and each side gains loyalty points for the capture of a system for their faction. In addition who ever controlled the beacon would grant bonuses to the system for it such as.
- If the pirates own the system, gate guns would have a slower lockign time, and all statiosn would be kick out stations.
- If Concorde deputes controled the system, GCCs would extend to 30min, and the destruction of a ship belonging to a pilot with a lower sec status of -2 would grant a 1/4 bounty of what ever the market average of the base hull cost of the ship. so killing a 20mil hull would give 5mil split between all the people who helped kill it, or just make it so pilots killed with lower than -2 sec don'tget insurance payouts for ship loss in that system.
- Oh and faction specific vanity items available in the LP store for each faction. (like awesome techno eye patches for pirates, and like medals and stars for concord deputies.)
- Make it so if a corp leaves an alliance that is at war, they have to pay 200mil to the corp/alliance wallet of the corp that is decking them, If there are multiple decks then it will be 75mil to each.
- increase redocking and gate jumping aggression timers to 2min
- make RR or Remote anything to another ship agress and make it so you can not dock or gate jump for 1min.
0.0 Sov Changes ___________________________
- Make it so local has a local count, and you can see the faces of all of your alliance and corp mates, but for anyone else its just a faceless number (unless they talk in local, in which it identifies them till they log or jump out of system) That way you cant tell who just jumped in, was it a NC. person, was it a two day old noob, you wont know till their on grid.
- make it so corps can take sov, and sov is controlled on a cooperation level, and a individual corp cant control more than 3 systems. and they have to have at least 50 members to take sov (and they will lose it if they drop below 45 members.) This will make it harder for alliances to take allot of space since to take 18 systems they would need 6-50man corps, yet a sole 50 man corp could move down and take 3 systems of their very own without begin in an alliance.