Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Giving out a Thrashing


So I have been hanging out with my friends from Drednots allot more of late, i have to work in the mornings more often so have less time to say up late and roam with my corp. Luckily Drednots gets on a bit earlier so I usually have time to hang with them. Drednots live in Uplinger which is apart of a two system low sec pocket that sees allot of noob traffic and even some mid size gangs because uplinger is the closest low sec to Rens, one of the larger market hubs.

So yesterday we had a few interesting fights in Uplinger and neighboring Yishmon. First it starts off with a loanly noob thrasher, I was warping around the belts in system and get a thrasher on scan, so I begin the hunt. He seamed to be warping around the belts and it took me a bit to land in on him in my condor, I immediately tackled him and began to open fire. Unfortunately for him, not only was he out classed in skill, but since he had landed first the belt rats where hitting him fairly good, and due to him not fitting a prop mod as you will see in a moment there was no escape. I convoed him afterward like i normally do to help teach noobs better fits and practices, because I strongly believe in trying to help 
 noobs and keep them in the game. Unfortunate he wasn’t very accepting of my help, and I don’t even think he really understood English to well; regardless he came back 30min later in the same fit and was killed by a member of Dreadnots. 

Next fight we had was Vs a new resident of Uplinger by the name of Valtanax. He mostly sits on the top station and looks threatening but doesn’t do allot, we did kill him previously in the week in a Cain, but today he was playing around on the undock in a cyclone so i undocked a heavy tackler harpy and start bumping him. I fully expected him to engage me on station where my friends from dreadnots would have to GCC on station to help me, but to my surprise he warps to the planet and i warp after him, landing about 20k from him, and we burn toward each other and i het hard tackle on. I call the back up in but the cyclone has some good and bad points to it, one it has 3 med newts, so my cap was so low that only my nos was keeping my point running, couldn’t even shoot my guns, the good news was he had no web and 425 guns so he couldn’t hit me, but his drone’s where. So after secondary tackle got on him I was forced to warp out, but I at least got on thekill and got the hero tackle. Shortly after a Arty wolf came to kill me on a planet and I tried to get tackle on him with my overheated MWD but to no avail he was just slightly to fast for me and I had to warp out but i did get a warp in for my friends even if I didn’t get on the mail.

Finally a bit later one of Dreadnots reports a Ex Terra Ferma fleet sitting on the high sec gate in Yish, so I quickly propose we get into armor BCs especially Brutixs if we have them, and we get two Brutix and my Prophecy together, with a pvp student of mine in an armor thrasher, and of course Chig in a tackler AF as always. (Would ruin his rep if he flew anything else I hear lol) So we send in the thrasher to scout them and he reports they are in there but they jumped to high sec shortly before we where ready to make a move. Since Terra firma had a few POS in Yish they hang there quite often so we are hopeful they will return, and we send our thrasher into high sec to see if they are still around since he hasn’t ruined his sec yet. He reports one in local being a Harb on the low sec gate, so we jump in and warp to the high sec gate thinking of GCCing on the Harb on gate if he decides to jump in. We didn’t want to fight their main gang on a gate with gate guns, but against a single BC it would be easy. To our surprise what jumps in is a Terra Ferma ORCA! (Our scout having reported +1 Terra Ferma but not that an orca was the +1) We shout in glee and proceed to GCC all over the Orcas face, killing it in short order as Terra Ferma comes running back in with their Harb, Ishkur, and Ishtar, but none of them tackling us as we finish off the Orca and warp to a safe. After waiting off our GCC we send our scout back to the gate to check on their fleet which is all back in force swarming around the gate like a bunch of bees. Our scout tried to bait them to a planet but for some reason they weren’t having any of it, but suddenly they burn their frig up to him about 180k off gate and warp the rest of their fleet in on him, him quickly calling for us to come save him. We warp in and immediately primary the Ishtar, while decent tank it was killing our tackler and was the shiniest target on grid. We then switch to the Harbinger, we put our drones on the Ishkur and he seams to have not warped out and went down from the drones, The FC called drake next primary but due to the fact that the Naga was really fucking me up I politely requested it be next primary and it went down fast. We finished up with the drake and looted the field. We only lost our Tackler and my student in his Thrasher, though I did finish in 15% structure. We where all ecstatic over how well the fight went and agreed it was a very even close fight that got our blood singing in our veins, especially my student who said it was one of his most exciting moments in eve.

Remember All you pirates out there, take a protoge out with you today, they are eves future and what not.


No comments:

Post a Comment